Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

Old Dominion Dominion Ale


Dominion Ale poured a clear, orangy amber color with a two fingered, off white head. The aroma is malty, with sweet bready notes. The body is fairly long, smooth with a nice malt base and plenty of toffee. There is a nice touch of hops towards the end leading to an enjoyable slightly dry finish. The beer left some hanging lace left on the glass.

Overall, this is probably my favorite of the four Dominion beers I have had. I love the English beers as they can be subtle yet so enjoyable. Dominion Ale reminds me a bit of some of the better English ales. It could be a little more dry on the finish but this is still a very nice beer. At 4.7% this is a a great beer to sip on all day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your site. Keep it coming!