Pages

Monday, June 29, 2009

Samuel Adams Blackberry Witbier


I recently did a video beer review with Chad from Chad'z Beer reviews on the Long Trail Blackberry Wheat beer. I was not very impressed with Long Trail's version but I figured I would give the style another chance when I saw the Samuel Adams Blackberry Witbier.

The beer poured a hazy, golden orangish color with a finger width white head. Berries dominate the aroma. The body starts out with some thin wheat. The berries start to show through in the middle palate and stay through the finish, lingering on the palate for a while. There are some very light hops on the finish. The beer left a faint lacing on the glass.

Overall, this beer is fairly well made but this style is just not for me. I think spices and citrus are much better suited for wheat beers then berries. This seems like a beer replacement for fruity, sparkling wines, but it is just not impressive for me.

No comments: